FIND A JOB
Newport News, VA 23606
Position: Structural Welder
Job Location: Newport News
Hutco Branch: Newport News
Rate of Pay: $23.56-$30.00($120 perdiem if applicable)
Our team is dedicated to placing the best workers in the best positions! We are currently seeking Structural Welder. To be considered for this Structural Welder opportunity, you must have a minimum five (5) years of Marine Structural Welder experience in the shipyard.
- Must have a clean background
- Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
- Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
- Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges.
All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work.
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
- All Welding Qualification Tests in A (6 hours), B (12 hours), C (4 hours) above.
- Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 hours).
- Welders Vision Test (5 minutes).
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging Proficiency Test (1 hour).
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
- Medical / Prescription
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply Online at www.Hutcoinc.Com or call 757-223-7680
Send resumes to vrigsby@hutcoinc.Com / nnrecruiter@hutcoinc.Com
Hutco, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).