FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Jacksonville, FL 32233
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Hutco Branch: Jacksonville, FL.
Rate of Pay: $19 to $20.75 per hour, Per Diem for those who qualify.
Currently seeking a Welder who is proficient in 7018, Flux Core with CO2, and Carbon Arc to work in Jacksonville, FL. Must have Aluminum 5xxx experience. Welders applying for this position must have at least 3 years of shipyard experience with 1 year as a 1 st class welder, or 5 years as a 1 st class structural welder with 6 months shipyard experience.
- At least 21 years of age (hazardous).
- TWIC card and Port Pass or the ability to obtain one prior to employment.
- Must pass welding skills test (Open root butt test using Flux Core with CO2 and 7018 electrode).
- Must be able to operate a MIG wire feed welding machine.
- Must have the ability to become certified in accordance with a recognized standard welding procedure.
- Have your own reliable automobile transportation.
- Have your own grinders and tools, employer does not provide tools.
- Have necessary PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toe boots, etc.).
- Must be able to pass drug screen and physical.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow written instructions.
- Welding steel plate(s) and/or pipe(s) in the repair and/or construction of marine vessels and associated equipment.
- Manipulate and operate all machines and tools essential to the performance of the position of Welder.
- Arc gouges using carbon arc rods.
- Enter manholes with an inside diameter of 18 to reach and work in internally confined spaces.
- Manipulate and transport loads up to 50 pounds over distances of up to 200 feet approximately 1 to 6 times during each 8 hour shift.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights.
- Traverse and negotiate uneven surfaces and uneven heights between dock and vessel.
- Ascend and work at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Maneuver around piping obstructions and frames.
- Stooping, squatting, twisting, kneeling, lifting, and reaching.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
- Medical / Prescription
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply Online or at the Jacksonville Branch:
4319 Salisbury Rd. Suite #101
Jacksonville FL. 32216
Or call us at: (904) 619-7425
Contact: Todd Smith or Lori Foster
Hutco, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).