FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Temp Electrician 1
Jacksonville, FL 32233
TEMP ELECTRICIAN 1/CLASS 1
- TEMP ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PURPOSE (Job Description)
The Electricians are responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications safely, with the highest quality and in a professional manner.
- TEMP POSITION DEMANDS (Education/Training/Experience)
- Must be able to use basic tools and test equipment.
- Must be able to follow directions from the lead Mechanic.
- Must be able to accomplish an electrical motor test.
- Must be able to identify electrical components inside a controller.
- Must be able to identify the different types of cable used to be an Electrician.
- Must be able to distinguish color code phasing (orange, brown, yellow, black, white and red).
- TEMP PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to go on vessels
Visual Requirements: Must be able to pass a Standard Jaeger s Test chart for near vision acuity reading J1 letters or equivalent with or without corrective aids and pass a color vision test using Ishihara s Tests for Color Deficiency.
- WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
This position reports to shop supervisor. This position develops and maintains a positive working relationship with other Electricians and supports a team approach in the pursuit of common company goals.
TEMP PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures that tank/compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met. (Example: ventilation, lighting, safety equipment etc.).
- Assures that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written. (Example: fuel run back, unsafe working conditions, etc.).
- Assures that a Work Authorization Form (WAF) ticket is on the job site and that it is for the specific job being accomplished, no work will be accomplished without a WAF posted at location of repairs.
- Assures that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished (Example: special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc).
- Assures that you are trained or qualified for the work you are assigned to do (Example: JLG, forklift, welding, brazing, special electrical/mechanical repairs and etc.).
- Assures that you and personnel working under your direction are working as safely and as productively as possible maintaining quality control at all times.
- Assures that a 30 minute cool down period has been accomplished in hot work areas.
- Assures that the job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure.
- TEMP ACCOUNTABILITY
Responsible for effective, efficient and safe accomplishment of all assigned tasks.
- TEMP UNIQUE/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Regular, reliable attendance on-site is an essential function of the job. Occasional weekend work and / or extended hours.