FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Temp Rigger 1 / Class 1
Jacksonville, FL 32233
$14.50-$19 Hourly Per diem for non-local
Security Clearance No Clearance
- TEMP ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PURPOSE (Job Description)
The Rigger 1 is responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications
safely, with the highest quality, in a professional manner. Assist other trades in removing
equipment and /or structural components by the use of lifting equipment such as chain falls,
cranes, shackles and slings. NASSCO Riggers must be able to meet the
requirements of an Outside Machinist.
- TEMP POSITION DEMANDS (Education/Training/Experience)
- Have the advanced knowledge of crane signals and terminologies
- Ability to communicate with crane operators via hand signals or voice radios
- Ability to carry and use chain falls
- Have the advanced knowledge in proper inspect, use and store wire rope pennants and slings
- Have the ability to determine the load weight and center gravity when rigging equipment
- Ability determining the correct rigging equipment for the current task
- Possess the knowledge of using complex multipoint suspension techniques to maneuver loads and move objects from heights of 50ft to 70ft
- Possess the knowledge of knot tying with the capabilities of tying knots and knowing their uses and functionalities such as bowlines, square knots and hitches, etc.
- Ability to estimate the weight needed to accomplish weight test for different types of ships equipment
- Be able to carry a full tool bag and assist outside machinist in removing, dissembling, repairing, reassembling and reinstalling ships equipment.
- Minimum or 8-12 years shipyard rigging experience
- Must be able to work at heights of 20 ft. Or higher
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, kneel and crawl for long periods of time
- Must be able to adhere and understand the companies safety policies as well as industrial safety requirements
- Have a minimum of basic tools sizes ranging from 1/4 to 1
- Must be a qualified rigger level one and qualified signal person OSHA 1926 Subpart CC Certified. Must be able to show proof.
- TEMP PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
TEMP WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Vision Requirements: The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as:
operating machines where the seeing job is at or within arm s reach or performing mechanical or
skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as ones by electricians, technicians, service
people, painters, mechanics, etc.
- TEMP WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
This position reports to shop supervisor. This position develops and maintains a positive working relationship with other Welders and supports a team approach in the pursuit of common company goals.