FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
TEMP Q.A. INSPECTOR
Jacksonville, FL 32233
Security Clearance: No Clearance
- TEMP ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PURPOSE:
- TEMP POSITION DEMANDS (Education/Training)
TEMP POSITION DEMANDS (Required Experience)
- Must be able to perform the essentials of the position including the ability to work at heights, enter tanks, voids and cofferdams to perform competent person duties.
- Must be able to climb vertical ladders, work around moving machinery and perform tasks while using a sky climber, scissor lift and/or condor.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, military standard/specifications, Regulatory Body Requirements, and Shipbuilding Specifications.
- Possess a good general knowledge of ship repair procedures and test requirements
- Skilled in blueprint reading, precision instrument utilization, and technical manual interpretation.
- Able to set, self-calibrate and use assigned testing, inspection and QA instruments.
- Fundamental problem-solving skills. Able to use basic Lean and Six Sigma principles to provide recommended solutions to identified or perceived problems.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Computer literate with knowledge of NASSCO and mainframe computer.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, resourcefulness, and good judgment in dealing with others.
- TEMP PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to go on vessels
Visual Requirements: **
Visual Requirements - Must be able to pass a Standard Jeager s Test chart for near vision acuity reading J1 letters or equivalent with or without corrective aids and pass a color vision test using Ishihara s Test for color-deficiency.
- TEMP WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- TEMP PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Witnesses or performs and documents (I) (V) and (G) point inspections and other test at key points in the work process.
- Creates written records to document the inspection results and provide supporting documentation to the Test and Inspection plan.
- Ensure all QA inspection equipment being utilized is calibrated and is certified under the company s calibration process/programs.
- Performs and reports work in process observations/surveillances/audits to provide an overview of adherence to work specifications and the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
- Performs non-destructive testing and critical coating inspections as required by specifications, NAVSEA Standard Items, process control procedures or other technical documentation (when assigned these duties).
- Review all Work Specification items, drawings, technical manuals, NAVSEA Standard Items or other contract documentation to ensure all Testing and Inspection requirements are identified or captured in the TIP.
- Preparation and distribution of weekly QA metrics
- Creating and tracking of QA related required reports
- Creating and tracking of QA related CFR s
- Performs other duties/tasks as assigned by the QA Supervisor or QA Manager
- TEMP ACCOUNTABILITY
- TEMP STANDARD EQUIPMENT ISSUE
- TEMP UNIQUE/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS