FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Tampa, FL 33605
Position: OUTSIDE MACHINIST
Job Location: Tampa, Fl.
Hutco Branch: Tampa, Fl.
Rate of Pay: $17 -24hr 100.00 per day Per Diem for those that qualify
Under limited supervision; Overhauls, repairs and installs major equipment and ancillary components, including their alignment in compliance with the blueprints and/or contractual requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technically proficient in all tasks, work processes and equipment at a very high standard.
- Accountable for completion of daily work assignments.
- Works under direct supervision.
- Monitors working environment for compliance with quality, safety, environmental and health regulations.
May be called upon to supervise a specific task or coordinate the work of small work. May be required to update daily work packages.
Thorough knowledge of equipment, work process and techniques used for outside machine operations. Must demonstrate the ability to read, interpret and work from blueprints, job specifications, instruction manuals, manufacturer s handbooks, change orders and contact specifications.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND SKILLS LEVELS
- Must understand metric to English and English to metric conversions and use of heat/power conversion tables.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Measures and fits metal and/or resin chocks for large machinery such as generators, main engines reduction gears, etc.
- Installs and aligns main propulsion units, diesel/steam turbines, propellers, shafts and other major auxiliary shipboard equipment.
- Final alignment of pumps, motors, shafts, prop shafts, reduction gears, main engines, etc., without assistance.
- Overhauls and repairs mechanical equipment as required.
- Sets up and uses rigging equipment such as chain falls, ratchet hoists, lifting straps, shackles eye bolts and cables.
- Make sketches and drawings used for instruction of lower class machinists and/or construction of parts required for the job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
2-3 yrs. Shipyard experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
Skills required for 2 nd and 3 rd Class outside machinist plus ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, whole numbers, common fractions and decimals in U.S. And metric conversions.
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The employee is frequently required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in the performance of essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The employee may be required to climb or balance above a height of 5 feet in the performance of essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The employee should test in the acceptable range for vision, hearing, and respiratory functions.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds on a consistent daily basis
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb aboard ships
- Ability to work in confine spaces
- Ability to work above ground at heights of a minimum 50 feet aloft and/or working from scaffolding and/or manlifts while working with machinery.
- Ability to withstand extreme heat in outside climate or confined spaces
- Physical and medically qualified to wear all required personal protective equipment as prescribed under OSHA standards
- Ability to stand for a minimum of 2 hours while conducting regular work duties
- Ability to respond to voice commands and audile alarms
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform essential job duties.
The characteristics described here are representative of the typical work conditions while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly exposed to extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions. The employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment mitigates risks associated with these conditions.
Must be able to work in confined spaces in the performance of regular job duties.
Must comply with company, federal, state and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
See required tool lists
Benefits: A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care.
Hutco is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply ONLINE or at the Tampa Branch
2603 N. 10 th St. Tampa Fl. 33605
813 221 0123
Contact: Doug Sernka, Vanessa Marquez
Se habla Espa ol