FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Norfolk, VA 23504
Position: Joiner Carpenter
Job Location: Newport News
Hutco Branch: Newport News
Rate of Pay: $19.00 per hour
(per diem available)
Our team is dedicated to placing the best workers in the best positions!
We are currently seeking Joiner Carpenter to work in Newport News Virginia. To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a minimum 2 years of Joiner experience in the shipyard. Joiner Carpenter must be able to complete work independent. You are responsible for fabricating, assembling and installing a wide variety of Components on Aircraft Carriers, Submarines and other Surface Ships. These Sheetmetal Components include, but are not limited to, Ventilation Systems, Metal Joiner Bulkheads and Framing, Furniture, Cabinetry, Lockers, Ladders and Handrails, Foundations, Weapons Spaces, and Wet Spaces. As a Joiner Carpenter, you will perform work governed by detailed technical work documents and procedural guidelines.
- Must be able to obtain a Government facility security pass (DBIDS)
- OSHA 10 Maritime & Firewatch Training
- Must be able to pass a seven-year background check w/ No Felonies
- Must be able to pass a 90-day Hair Follicle drug test
- Must pass drug test and E-Verify.
- Two (2) or more years experience in Sheetmetal/Fabrication, Carpentry, Construction, Mechanical/Automotive Repair, Welding/Hull Tech, or similar experience.
- Successfully completed a technical/vocational program in HVAC, Welding, Carpentry, Construction or a similar program and/or have completed related military training.
- Personal Protective Equipment:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to read and interpret shipboard electrical installation drawings, wiring tables, schematics, and work packages.
- Work independently with proper instruction.
- Proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test instruments (volt-ohm meter, clamp-on ammeter, insulation resistance testers (mergers, etc.).
- General deck electrician work. (i.E. Layoff and mount electrical equipment and wireways; install cable penetrations in equipment, bulkheads, and decks; cable installation; cable terminations; and cut-in and hook-up)
- Proficient in the use of basic electrician hand tools (i.E. Pliers, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, connector crimping tools, etc.)
- Physically able to climb vertical and inclined stairs and ladders, crawl, bend, stoop, work at heights, and work in confined spaces.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
- Medical / Prescription
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply Online or at the Newport News Branch:
813 Diligence Dr. Suite 121 A
Newport News Virginia, 23606
Send resumes to nnrecruiter@hutcoinc.Com
Or call us at (757) 223-7680
Contact: Antonia Cabello Sr. Recruiter
Hutco, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).