FIND A JOB
Joiner III/Sheetmetal Mechanic w/HVAC LOCAL
North Charleston, SC 29405
North Charleston, SC
The individual assigned to this position must, with or without reasonable accommodation, be able to perform the following Essential Functions:
- Able to read and interpret blue prints, drawings, Able to conduct own measurements with zero errors, Able to conduct installation of shipboard sheet metal ducts and hangers. Familiar with the installation a/c equipment a plus. Knowledge of all phases of duct manufacturing and installation of (spiral, rectangular, double wall, welded), to include the layout, assemble, and installation of duct work per the navy work items.
- Must be familiar with Navy Standard Items.
- Minimum 5 years of shipboard/ shipyard experience.
- Reliable attendance
- Own/reliable transportation to and from project sites
- Must have Required tools
- Able to follow all directions by the shop leader men and Shop Foreman.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check (DBIDS Badge Eligible)
- Must be able to all required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must have OSHA 10 Maritime
- Assemble ventilation runs in accordance with drawings, specifications and meet Navy shipboard standard detail requirements, with little to no supervision
- Ensure tank/compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met (ex., ventilation, lighting, safety equipment, etc.)