FIND A JOB
1st Class Marine Insulator
Jacksonville, FL 32233
Position: 1st Class Marine INSULATOR
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL
Hutco Branch: Jacksonville, FL
Rate of Pay: $19.00 - $20.75 per hour $80 Per Diem
Currently seeking a 1st Class Marine INSULATOR
This position is responsible for performing, with minimal supervision, the installation and removal of insulation of any component onboard ships. A journeyman measures, cuts and fabricates materials for insulation application to bulkheads, overheads, piping, ducts, machinery, and equipment to minimize heat transfer, prevent moisture condensation, and to deaden sound. Wok is accomplished in all phases of ship repair and modernization of maritime vessels including US Naval Vessels, Military Sealift Command, and commercial ships and barges.
Six (6) years of related experience, three (3) of which must be in the maritime environment.
The position requires a working knowledge of procedures, comprehensive knowledge of the insulation craft and the drive to accomplish quality work on schedule. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Must be able to read and comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
2. Musty have a comprehensive understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
3. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must be able to write Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the ship as it pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended corrective action.
5. Must be able to effectively confer job related information to the supervisor, improvers, and helper.
6. Must have experience applying hullboard, Armaflex, Cal-sil, ventilation insulation, and insulation pads.
7. Must have experience fabricating insulation pads.
8. Must have experience using hand and power tools associated with the trade in a safe manner.
9. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system.
10. Must possess a basic understanding of the metric system.
1 1. Six (6) years of related experience, three (3) of which must be in the maritime environment.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
Medical / Prescription
Short Term Disability Benefits
Term Life Benefits
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply Online at www.Hutcoinc.Com
Send resumes to jacksonville@hutcoinc.Com
Hutco, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).