FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Newport News, VA 23606
Job Location: Newport News, VA
Hutco Office Location: Newport News, VA
Pay Rate: $27.31 Straight Time and $120.00 Per Diem for those who qualify
Must pass background check, drug test and E-Verify.
Personal Protective Equipment
Five or more years as a marine, commercial nuclear or petro/chemical First Class Pipe Fitter
1. Able to read and interpret ship piping drawings.
2. Experienced fitting carbon steel, CRES, and copper nickel piping.
3. Ability to end prep piping by hand and/or with Wach or Portsmouth Machine.
4. Knowledge in installing pipe hangers.
5. Ability to read a ruler using inches and tenths.
6. Ability to prep and fit-up backing rings.
7. Ability to clean cut/break pipe with a grinder.
8. Ability to hand prep V bevels.
9. Experience in fabrication of various details and assemblies from drawings.
10. Ability to bend pipe from template and in the use of a hand bender.
11. Ability to fit welded sockets.
12. Ability to fit brazed joints with/without insert ring.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Must have knowledge of equipment, work processes, and techniques used for this role including the ability to perform all functions of the position in conformity with applicable regulations and generally observed safety practices.
Enter and move through manholes to reach and work in internally confined spaces.
Manipulate and transport loads up to 50 pounds over distances of up to 200 feet approximately 1 to 6 times during each 8 hour shift, occasionally 75 pounds.
Manipulate and operate all machines and tools essential to the performance of the position of Marine Trades Helper.
Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights.
Traverse and negotiate uneven surfaces and uneven heights between dock and vessel.
Stooping, squatting, twisting, kneeling, lifting, and reaching.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
Medical / Prescription
Short Term Disability Benefits
Term Life Benefits
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply Online or at the Newport News Branch:
813 Diligence Blvd Suite 121-A
Newport News, VA 23606
Send resumes to newportnews@hutcoinc.Com
Or call us at (757) 223-7680 to schedule an appointment
Hutco, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).