FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
General Manager: Environmental Co
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Position: General Manager: Environmental Co.
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL
Hutco Branch: Jacksonville, Fl. Branch
Rate of Pay: $70-90 K annually
General Manager: Environmental Co.
The general manager directs and coordinates activities of one or more departments, such as engineering, operations, safety, and administration of the business organization and aids in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
General Manager Job Duties
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all divisional department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with the chief administrative officer and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance and new product development.
- Oversees manufacturing and materials departments to review production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing and facility problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and to meet future growth.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Reviews and supports engineering and sales to oversee design concepts with fundamental or new technology used for new or existing products or improvement to provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements and market growth.
- Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain manufacturing or outsourcing requirements to develop new markets.
- Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, budgetary planning and submittal for capital expenditures.
Performance Management, Staffing, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Coaching, Developing Standards, Financial Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Strategic Planning, Quality Management
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
- Strategic Thinking.
This role manages and directs staff management in operations, sales, engineering, quality control, safety and materials. This role is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of direct reports and for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to load noises, fumes and heights that may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hard hat, hearing protection, and fall restraint harnesses. For the most part the employee will be exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job .
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. The position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. The employee may reach above shoulder heights or below the waist or lift as required. May be required to carry loads up to 50 pounds up to 100ft. The Individual may be required to access vessel brows and or gangways, traverse up on down ladders up to three floors.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Saturday and or Sunday overtime may be required to complete projects.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma
Four-year College Degree. Education may be substituted for work experience.
5-7 years working as a supervisor at an Environmental Company or Marine Industry
Must be familiar with working on Military Installations
Must be familiar with Base access procedures and policies
Must be familiar with Government work packages and their work items
Must be familiar with pumping and cleaning of tanks and voids and the proper disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
Must be familiar working with Governmental Ship Building Specialists (SBS)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits: A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available Plans Include:
Short Term Disability Benefits
Term Life Benefits
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
Hutco is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply ONLINE or at the Jacksonville Branch
4319 Salisbury Road Suite #101
Jacksonville FL. 32216
Office (904) 619-7425
Contact: Todd Smith