FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Job Location: Tampa, Fl.
Hutco Branch: Tampa, Fl.
Rate of Pay: $17 per hour Per Diem for those who qualify
Performs a variety of skills, including but not limited to:
- Welding steel plate(s) and/or pipe(s) in the repair and/or construction of marine vessels and associated equipment.
- Ability to become certified in procedure.
- Arc gouges using carbon arc rods.
- Capable of operating a Mig wire feed welding machine.
- Removes and reinstalls rub bars/rub plates, bitts, vent cowls, dog clips, etc.
- Installs clips, D-rings, etc.
- Occasionally, removes steel, dunnage and/or water from barges.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of yard.
- Assists in final preparation of barges.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as directed by supervisor.
The individual assigned to this position must with or without reasonable accommodation, be able to perform the following:
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to written policies and procedures.
- Enter manholes with an inside diameter of 18".
- Enter and work in internally confined spaces.
- Manipulate and transport loads of up to 50 pounds over a distance of up to 200 feet, approximately 1 to 6 times during each eight (8) hour shift.
- Manipulate and operate all machines and tools essential to the performance of the position of welder.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights.
- Traverse and negotiate uneven heights and surfaces.
- Maneuver around piping obstructions and frames.
- Ascend and work at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Stooping, squatting, twisting, kneeling and reaching.
Minimum -Ability to read and write.
Preferred -High School Diploma, GED, or Trade School Diploma.
Prior working history as 1 81 Class Welder or six months to one year as 2nd Class Welder plus ability to perform the duties described in this job description.
. Benefits: A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available Plans Include:
- Medical/ Prescription
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply ONLINE or at the Tampa Branch
2603 N. 10 th St. Tampa Fl. 33605
813 221 0123
Contact: Doug Sernka, Vanessa Marquez
Se habla Espa ol