FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Job Location: Tampa, Fl.
Hutco Branch: Tampa, Fl.
Rate of Pay: $17 per hour and $60.00 Daily Per Diem for those who qualify/ 21.00 hr Local
Performs a variety of skills, including but not limited to:
- Welding steel plate(s) and/or pipe(s) in the repair and/or construction of marine vessels and associated equipment.
- Ability to become certified in procedure.
- Arc gouges using carbon arc rods.
- Capable of operating a Mig wire feed welding machine.
- Removes and reinstalls rub bars/rub plates, bitts, vent cowls, dog clips, etc.
- Installs clips, D-rings, etc.
- Occasionally, removes steel, dunnage and/or water from barges.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of yard.
- Assists in final preparation of barges.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as directed by supervisor.
The individual assigned to this position must with or without reasonable accommodation, be able to perform the following:
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to written policies and procedures.
- Enter manholes with an inside diameter of 18".
- Enter and work in internally confined spaces.
- Manipulate and transport loads of up to 50 pounds over a distance of up to 200 feet, approximately 1 to 6 times during each eight (8) hour shift.
- Manipulate and operate all machines and tools essential to the performance of the position of welder.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights.
- Traverse and negotiate uneven heights and surfaces.
- Maneuver around piping obstructions and frames.
- Ascend and work at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Stooping, squatting, twisting, kneeling and reaching.
Minimum -Ability to read and write.
Preferred -High School Diploma, GED, or Trade School Diploma.
Prior working history as 1 81 Class Welder or six months to one year as 2nd Class Welder plus ability to perform the duties described in this job description.
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply ONLINE or at the Tampa Branch
2603 N. 10 th St. Tampa Fl. 33605
813 221 0123
Contact: Doug Sernka, Vanessa Marquez
Se habla Espa ol