FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Shipfitter 1st class
Moss Point, MS
Job Location: Pascagoula, MS
Hutco Branch: Moss Point, MS
Rate of Pay: $26.25 - $27.05 and $48.00 Daily Per Diem for those who qualify
Description: Shipfitters are responsible for the use of various tools and equipment in the fabrication, assemble and erection of metal parts for the construction of modular units utilized in the various stages of the building of a marine vessel.
- Minimum 3 -5 years craft experience
- Basic reading and writing skills along with basic math.
- Capable of operating a grinder and passing a tack welding assessment test.
- Must be able to read a tape measure (standard and metric)
- Must have knowledge of basic blue prints and able to fit flat butt with little or no supervision
- Must be able to burn and bevel with hand torch, hydraulic and ratchet jacks along with chain falls and come-a-longs; familiar with hand tools such as combination squares, framing squares, hand levels and plumb bobs used in the marine and construction environments; capable of utilizing various beveling and burning equipment.
- Must pass drug test (HFT) and E-Verify
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekend shifts
Benefits: A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
Hutco is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply ONLINE or at the MOSS POINT BRANCH:
6043 Hwy 63, Suite 2
Moss Point, MS 39562
Contact: Nolan Motichek - nmotichek@hutcoinc.Com