FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
LOCATION: Tampa Florida
JOB DESCRIPTION: 1st CLASS SHIPFITTER
Job Location: Tampa, Fl.
Hutco Branch: Tampa, Fl.
Rate of Pay: $17 per hour and Per Diem for those who qualify
Performs a variety of skills, including but not limited to:
- Cuts and washes steel plating from marine vessels using a ship fitter s gas burning torch.
- Lays out and fabricates metal structural parts, such as plates, bulkheads, brackets, etc.
- Lays out the position of parts on metal, working from blueprints, sketches and/or templates and using scribes, squares and string lines.
- Aligns parts in relation to each other, using jacks, turnbuckles, chain falls, come-a- longs, clips, wedges, mauls and/or other tools.
- Marks the location of holes to be cut.
- Installs temporary clips, D-rings, etc. To hold parts in place for welding.
- Occasionally, removes steel, dunnage and/or water from barges.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of yard.
- Assists in final preparation of barges.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as directed by supervisor.
The individual assigned to this position must with or without reasonable accommodation, be able to perform the following Essential Functions:
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to written policies and procedures.
- Enter and move through manholes to reach and work in internally confined spaces.
- Manipulate and operate various machines and tools essential to the performance of the position of Shipfitter.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights.
- Traverse and negotiate uneven heights and surfaces.
- Ascend and work at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Stooping, squatting, twisting, kneeling and reaching.
Minimum -Ability to read and write.
Preferred - High School Diploma, GED or Trade School Diploma.
Experience Required: 2 -5 years shipyard experience
Hutco is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply ONLINE or at the Tampa Branch
2603 N. 10 th St. Tampa Fl. 33605
813 221 0123
Contact: Doug Sernka, Vanessa Marquez
Se habla Espa ol