FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Sheet Metal Mechanic
Position: Sheet Metal Mechanic 1 st Class
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Hutco Branch: Jacksonville, FL.
Rate Of Pay: $20.75 per hour
Currently seeking a 1 st Class Sheet Metal Mechanic to work in Jacksonville, FL. To be considered for this Sheet Metal Mechanic opportunity, you must have knowledge of equipment, work processes, and techniques used for this role including the ability to perform all functions of the position in conformity with applicable regulations and generally observed safety practices.
- Sheet Metal Mechanics applying for this position must have at least 3 years of shipyard experience.
- Must pass pre-employment physical.
- Must pass drug test and E-Verify.
- Personal Protective Equipment:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform inspection of existing sheet metal. Conduct rip out / removal of old / existing sheet metal. Layout, measure, mark, cut, and fabricate new sheet metal for installation. Properly bag, tag, and dispose of removed sheet metal. Repair existing sheet metal in the overhead, on the deck and bulkheads, on or around pipes and valves, or where needed. Fit all sheet metal prior to installation to check for proper fit. Write Condition Found Reports if needed of inspected sheet metal.
- Comprehend blueprints, sketches, and templates.
- Enter and move through manholes to reach and work in internally confined spaces.
- Manipulate and transport loads up to 50 pounds over distances of up to 200 feet approximately 1 to 6 times during each 8 hour shift, occasionally 75 pounds.
- Manipulate and operate all machines and tools essential to the performance of the position of Sheet Metal Mechanic.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights.
- Traverse and negotiate uneven surfaces and uneven heights between dock and vessel.
- Ascend and work at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Stooping, squatting, twisting, kneeling, lifting, and reaching.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
- Medical / Prescription
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply Online or at the Jacksonville Branch:
4319 Salisbury Rd. Suite 101
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Contact: Todd Smith
Hutco, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).