FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Position: OUTSIDE MACHINIST
Job Location: Tampa, Fl.
Hutco Branch: Tampa, Fl.
Rate of Pay: $17 per hour and $60 Daily Per Diem for those who qualify / 21.00hr Local
Under limited supervision; Overhauls, repairs and installs major equipment and ancillary components, including their alignment in compliance with the blueprints and/or contractual requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technically proficient in all tasks, work processes and equipment at a very high standard.
- Accountable for completion of daily work assignments.
- Works under direct supervision.
- Monitors working environment for compliance with quality, safety, environmental and health regulations.
May be called upon to supervise a specific task or coordinate the work of small work. May be required to update daily work packages.
Thorough knowledge of equipment, work process and techniques used for outside machine operations. Must demonstrate the ability to read, interpret and work from blueprints, job specifications, instruction manuals, manufacturer s handbooks, change orders and contact specifications.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND SKILLS LEVELS
- Must understand metric to English and English to metric conversions and use of heat/power conversion tables.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Measures and fits metal and/or resin chocks for large machinery such as generators, main engines reduction gears, etc.
- Installs and aligns main propulsion units, diesel/steam turbines, propellers, shafts and other major auxiliary shipboard equipment.
- Final alignment of pumps, motors, shafts, prop shafts, reduction gears, main engines, etc., without assistance.
- Overhauls and repairs mechanical equipment as required.
- Sets up and uses rigging equipment such as chain falls, ratchet hoists, lifting straps, shackles eye bolts and cables.
- Make sketches and drawings used for instruction of lower class machinists and/or construction of parts required for the job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
No standard has been identified.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
Skills required for 2 nd and 3 rd Class outside machinist plus ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, whole numbers, common fractions and decimals in U.S. And metric conversions.
Apply ONLINE or at the Tampa Branch
2603 N. 10 th St. Tampa Fl. 33605
813 221 0123
Contact: Doug Sernka, Vanessa Marquez
Se habla Espa ol