FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Job Location: Norfolk, VA
Hutco Branch: Newport News
Rate of Pay: $24.00
Description: Installs, services, repairs, replaces and maintains all electric wiring and electrical equipment. Performs all functions of the position in conformity with applicable regulations concerning marine electrical systems and generally observed safety practices.
- Minimum 5 years shipyard experience as 1st class electrician
- Must know Ship terminology
- Must comprehend blueprints and sketches
- Manipulate and operate all machines and tools essential to the performance of the position of Electrician
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights and negotiate uneven heights
- Ascend and work at heights
- Must pass drug test and E-Verify
- Must be able to work all shifts
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Employee will be required to follow all company policies and report any accidents or unsafe conditions encountered.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, sketches, and templates.
- Enter and move through manholes to reach and work in internally confined spaces.
- Manipulate and transport loads up to 50 pounds over distances of up to 200 feet approximately 1 to 6 times during each 8 hour shift.
- Manipulate and operate all machines and tools essential to the performance of the position of Electrician.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights.
- Traverse and negotiate uneven surfaces and uneven heights between dock and vessel.
- Ascend and work at heights.
- Stooping, squatting, twisting, kneeling, and reaching.
Benefits: A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
Hutco is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)