FIND A JOB
Can't find the job that's right for you? Join our network of craftsmen and we will contact you when a position matching your skills is available.
Newport News, VA
Position: C-7 Blaster
Job Location: Newport News, VA
Hutco Branch: Newport News, VA
Rate Of Pay: $27.31 per hour straight time
$40.97 per hour overtime if available
Per Diem available for those who qualify
Currently seeking a C-7 Blaster to work in Newport News, VA. To be considered for this C-7 Blaster opportunity, you must have knowledge of equipment, work processes, and techniques used for this role including the ability to perform all functions of the position in conformity with applicable regulations and generally observed safety practices.
- C-7 Blasters applying for this position must have at least 5 years of experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, pass drug test, Criminal Background and E-Verify.
- Personal Protective Equipment:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Experience must include working in a physically demanding environment, confined spaces, working at heights, and in the use of a blaster air-fed helmet and/or soft hood air-fed respirator and a negative-pressure half-face respirator.
- Certification: Blasters shall be certified in accordance with SSPC-C-7, Refer to Systems & Specifications Manual, Volume 2 (Steel Structures Painting Council) and Chapter 631-11.5 Shipyard Blasters and Painter Certification. SSPC-C-7 is required per NAVSEA Standard Item 009-32.
- Must have knowledge of equipment, work processes, and techniques used for this role including the ability to perform all functions of the position in conformity with applicable regulations and generally observed safety practices.
- Enter and move through manholes to reach and work in internally confined spaces.
- Manipulate and transport loads up to 50 pounds over distances of up to 200 feet approximately 1 to 6 times during each 8 hour shift, occasionally 75 pounds.
- Manipulate and operate all machines and tools essential to the performance of the position of Welder.
- Ascend and work at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Stooping, squatting, twisting, kneeling, lifting, and reaching.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
- Medical / Prescription
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply Online or email resume to NewportNews@hutcoinc.Com
Hutco, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).